Sunday, April 4, 2010
So... I haven't blogged in a looooonnnnngggg time for a myriad of reasons which I am not going to mention, but will give a quick list of what has been going on lately in my life.
1. Living closer to my work and Jack's school has been wonderful! Jack can walk to school, go to friend's houses easily, and I have a 5 minute drive to work.
2. It's baseball season and Jack is on two baseball teams, (he made the varsity team at school!) and he is also on a basketball team. This means there are many practices and games. Last week he had 4 baseball games and 2 basketball games, not to mention practices, homework, etc... I actually love that he is so active. He is doing great in school and really enjoys playing sports. Watching him play is one of my favorite things to do.
3. I still have quite a few doctors appointments- and I am grateful for a work environment that is flexible in allowing me to attend all of them. I had a scare around Christmas where my hemoglobin kept dropping and dropping. I was taken off of the Disatinib until we could figure out why my iron levels were unsafe. I have had so0000 many blood draws! I was scared to have a blood transfusion and luckily didn't need to get one. I ended up having a stomach surgery to stop the bleeding and am back on the Disatinib :) (Thanks to my absolutely sweet sister-in-law for driving me to the hospital and not minding toooooo much when I threw up burnt stomach in her car- so gross!- in a bucket of course)
4. Over spring break Jack and I drove to Utah to see my family and college friends. My mom is on a mission for our church- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints- I am so proud of her and admire her commitment to serve. We saw my brother, his wife Shauna, and his two children. We also saw my two friends from Ricks College, Shawna and Karen.
5. I am exhausted! Who isn't, right? Along with the Scleroderma, the Disatinib is making me more tired, and the longer hours at work.... but I am okay with it. I enjoy working and do not want to be at home thinking about my disease and other things. I am around such nice co-workers and children who are so funny, I wouldn't change any of it.
That's it for now- I am going to start bringing the camera around with me again... and hopefully be better at posting!